With just high-quality dark chocolate and coconut milk, you’ve got deeply flavored truffles that you can roll in your choice of coatings. Below are suggestions for making a box or plate that includes five varieties, but feel free to mix and match, or choose other favorite possibilities.
You’ll need paper candy cups. A #100 size disher is helpful for making consistently same-size truffles.
Make Ahead: The ganache needs to be refrigerated for 1 to 2 hours before you form and coat the truffles. The finished truffles can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk, stirred well
- 10 1/2 ounces dairy-free dark chocolate (preferably 75 percent or higher cacao), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries (about 1/2 ounce)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, dessicated (dried) coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans or nut of your choice
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder